Wednesday, March 28, 2007

WSOP Tourney

As you may all know I am participating in a World Series of Poker satellite tournament on Monday March 26th. Well, things could have gone alot better. I lasted a couple of hours, but that's about it. I started out really well and was up about $1000 in chips, but then I tried to chase a straight and lost about $1200. Not soon after, I was dealt pocket 8's, so I bet $400. Some one called me and when the flop came, there was a king and a Jack. The other player quickly bet a large amount, which made me fold. He turned over his king and jack. I was glad to get out of the hand, but now I was at about $800 in chips. and the blilnds were $100/$200. After folding several hands, I was dealt pocket 10's and went all in. I was called by someone with pocket kings. OUCH!! It prooved to be the clincher. Three nines came up to tease me (SO close to tens) and we both ended up with full houses. Mine was just a little lower than his. My friend Jesse was in the tourney too and would up in 75th place. Not bad, but they started paying out to people that finished 73rd or better. He was a little pissed.

All in all, it was a fun experience. I really learned alot. I think that this will help my overall poker playing. I may make an annual event of this. I can't afford to play in these events too much though. Once a year is plenty. I'll stick to the low dollar games I can get into around here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had fun and went for it!

Woody! said...

Better to have wagered and lost than to have not WSOPed at all. Better luck next time.