Saturday, March 10, 2007

Hoops Dreams

March Madness, I believe they call it. I am not a huge basketball fan, but I really like when the tournaments start. I always pull for the Buckeyes, but I also love to root for the underdogs. There is nothing more exciting in play off sports than a 'Cinderella Team' taking a top ranked team down on a buzzer beater. You can almost feel the emotion of the game pour out of the television as the under dog's fans flood the basket ball court in celebration. Could I tell you the name of a team that pulled off a 'Cinderella' like win last year? No. I could care less who the team is. I just like the emotion of the moment. The best time is the first week of the tourney when there are a bunch of games going at the same time, but they are staggered a few minutes so that you can see the last few minutes of each game. there is all sorts of potention for tight finishes with the under dog coming out on top. Just DON'T let it happen against my Buckeyes.

With a lofty #1 ranking, the Buckeyes are being projected as a #1 seed. Not too sure why they call them 'seeds'. I guess they need to call them something. The Buckeyes haven't done too well in the Big Dance in the last few years. I guess they emposed a ban on themselves for O'brien's misconduct (he gave some players $$), but they seem to have trouble getting beyond the first few rounds. They did make it to the Final Four several years ago when they had Michael Red and Scoonie Penn, but haven't done much since then. Hopfully they can live up to the hype and move deep into the tourney. A National Title would be nice.

1 comment:

Eric Rhodes said...

OSU is the Big Ten Tourney Champs beating Wisconsin 66-49. GO BUCKS!!