Saturday, February 28, 2009

Do People Really Do That?

I was playing around with Face Book a little bit just now and I came across something interesting. I have received and sent flair and other things to friends, but today I tried to send something to Jessica and came across a snag. I was going to send an "I love you" bear to her (I know, I am sweet) and I saw it cost 100 gift points. Thinking that gift pioints were something that I would just have, I proceeded only to find that you have to buy gift points. This is new to me because I have received paranormal gear and flair, as well as other free gifts, so I thought that all gifts are free on Face Book. Usually, when you send things, you get the ability to send things yourself. Anyway, you really need to pay money for gift points. Weird. Face Book is fun and all, but I am not going to pay money on a social site. Is that weird?

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I would never pay to do any of the FB apps!! It's just silly. Actually, I have very few of the apps loaded on my page - Just dogbook, flair, and the ones you can't erase (causes, gifts, groups). FB used to be pretty safe, but now there's a much bigger chance of getting a virus. I figure the fewer things I have going on, the less my info. is out and being shared inappropriately.