Monday, February 16, 2009

Lovin' Those Brits

I am seriously starting to enjoy British television a lot lately. I have been a huge fan of Doctor Who ever since the new version of the show has been airing. I also watched a BBC series called Robin Hood, which was pretty good. Recently I found a BBC series called Jeckyll, which was a modern day Jeckell and Hyde story and was pretty good as well. I now have a new BBC infatuation in a show called MI-5. In a nut shell, MI-5 is a spy show. James Bond is a member of MI-6, which deals with international spying and MI-5 focuses only on internal matters in the UK. It has been highly entertaining. The seasons are not very long, only about 7 or 8 shows per season. The stories have been very interesting and there have been some pretty well known guest stars. Giles, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Dr. House, from House, and the doctor from Star Trek DS9.

Probably one of the most interesting things I have seen is the show's treatment of America. There have been a few shows regarding visits from Prez Bush and each visit from Dubya had lead to protests by the British people. Granted, I don't like our ex prez either, but I found it a little suprising that protests of our ex president have been central in this show. It makes me wonder if everyone in Europe hates all Americans or just our dumb ass ex prez.

Anyway, if you are looking for a new show to watch, MI-5 has been great fun for me.

No comments: