Thursday, February 12, 2009

Can you believe he's 7?


It seems like just yesterday that I was crapping my pants at the thought of fatherhood. I'm sure I felt like every first time parent: full of doubt, fear, and a general sense of holy-crap-what-do-I-do-now? Fun times. I finally got used to the idea, then excited, and then elated to see my little boy. That was seven years ago. Am I really that old? Jessica had to work on Gabe's actual birthday, but I made him a cake and he asked for cheese burgers for dinner. We got him a few presents, some Transformers and Bakugons (some weird ball creature things that turn into robots) and he seemed happy. Yesterday, we continued the celebration by taking the kids to Dave and Busters. It is an arcade typle place that has a lot of games you can win tickets for prizes. Gabe had a blast, so it was well worth the trip. It was a good few days.

No comments: