Monday, October 01, 2007

Weekend Updates

1. Good weekend for OSU football. Ohio State won at Minnesota, #5West Virginia lost, #3 Oklahoma lost, #4 Florida lost, and #7 Texas Lost. This means that the Buckeyes have leapt from #8 to #4 in one weekend. Woody is happy too since his Cincinnati Bearcats are climbing the charts too. I just hope that the guy I poked fun at on his post doesn't show up on my door step later in the week. I just wish I know how Woody keeps getting his picture taken with hot college girls.

2. It was a good football weekend all around as the Cleveland Browns won too. They beat the hated Baltimore Ravens. I say 'hated' because the Ravens were the Browns before the traitor Art Modell ripped the team from Cleveland and went to Baltimore. I feel like a turd, since I picked the Browns to lose in my Pick'em game. After seeing them lost to the Raiders last week, I lost some faith in my boys. Never again though. I am going to pick Cleveland for every game now. Especially since they seem to play up to their opponents. They are 2-2 and #2 in their division. Who'd a thunk it?

3. I am almost though the campaign for Halo 3. At least I think I am. It just has a climactic feel building up. The game has been alot more fun that Halo 2. The new weapons and gadgets are fun. I found a flame thrower that kills good. I also got into some multi-player games. I thought I would get my ass kicked alot, but held my own. Out of six games I played, I got my ass kicked twice, was in the middle of the pack twice, and was the top Spartan twice. One of the games, I had so many kills that the other players were actually teaming up against me. I was getting a little irritated, but my 25 kills beat their combined 24 (10, 10, and 4). I need to figure out how to join some team slayer games and how to host my own games. I have about 10 friends that have the game.

4. I played some dards Friday night. Two games, I came in second for the first one and lost badly the second one. It was fun though.

5 comments:

Bryan said...

Nice to see Ohio State finally up there in the rankings. Hopefully they stay there with some challenges from better teams in the next few weeks.

Eric Rhodes said...

Florida plays LSU this weekend, so we could move up more if we win. Cal also has alot of rough games ahead. This is starting to shape up like the 2002 National Title season. Knock on wood.

Woody! said...

The dance team members are ambassadors of the university. So they pretty much gotta pose with any slob that comes on by. I just take advantage of that policy.

We'll see how this weekend treats my Bengals as the NFL's best come to town tonight.

Halo 3 is getting my interest. I may have to pick up the game at some point.

Lefty said...

Remember when you do finish the fight (Halo 3) to watch after the credits because there is another scene afterwards.

I'm sorry I didn't answer your invite to a Halo 3 match on Sunday. I was just wrapping up a few screen shots (check out my file share if you want to see/watch them) and then I flipped over to watch last week's Bionic Woman.

But we will definately play soon.

Eric Rhodes said...

Thanks for the heads up Lefty.

No worries about missing my invite. I think that you would probably kick my ass. Especially since you wenth through the Campaign on the Legendary mode. I think mext time I play I will bump it up to Heroic.

Bionic Woman was good.