Thursday, October 11, 2007

Go Tribe!

So, Cleveland offed the hated New York Yankees this week. I know, I probably shouldn't be posting baseball since I am not a huge fan, but I can't help it. It is so rare that we Cleveland fans get something to cheer about. The Browns are terrible, the Cavs got their asses handed to them in the NBA finals, and the Indians have been out of grace for about ten years. One thing is making me angry though. It is the same thing that pisses me off about all national sports coverage: instead of talking up the Indians, the new is all about what's happening with the Yankees. Who fucking cares? I guess it is a big deal since they have all these good players that are probably going their own way now, but isn't the stopry supposed to be Cleveland vs Boston? The Goat is talking trash about it already. Big suprise, eh? I lost my password to his blog, or I would give him my two cents. At least he shares my 'fuck the Yankees' attitude. He's just looking beyond the Indians. I hope the Red Socks do that too. I heard a commercial for the series calling the Indians the "Cinderella Indians". What the FUCK??? Cinderella? To me the term 'Cinderella' means a team that is not supposed to be in the race. Live St Mary's College For the Blind in the NCAA tourney. THAT would be a Cinderella team. The the Indians had the best record in the MLB. Does THAT sound Cinderella? Another reason why I hate the media. Ohio sports get no respect until AFTER then win the titles.

Another example of this: I watched a college football show yesterday and there was a story about LSU, USC, Cal, and they were showing scenes from M*ch*g*n's stadium. Nothing about Ohio State. It's OK though. It is better to fly under the radar until you win it all. then no one sees you coming.

No comments: