Monday, October 22, 2007

The Weekend and a rough week ahead

Time to recap the weekend:

1. Ohio State beat the shit out of Michigan State. But then two stupid OSU mistakes put the Spartans close and made a game out of it. Ohio State rolled in the first half and shut down the MSU offense. They were averaging over 400 yards of offense per game, but the Bucks held them to under 200. 14 of the MSU points were off Ohio State turnovers. Other than the fumble and the interception, the OSU offense looked great, getting points off of two 90+ yard drives. It is going to be tough this week as they travel to play Penn State, who eeked one out at Indiana. The 'experts' seem to think that it will be impossible for OSU to go undefeated this season, but I honestly haven't seen a great game from any of the other Big Ten schools that the Buckeyes play in the upcoming weeks.

2. The Indians prooved that it sucks to be an Ohio sports fan. Aside from the 2002 OSU National Title, I can't really remember an Ohio team winning a championship. The Cavs blew it in the NBA last year, the Buckeyes blew it in both football and basketball last year, the Browns have sucked since returning to the NFL, Cincinnati Bengals had a close-but-no-cigar season last year, the Columbus Destroyers lost the Arena Boal last year, and the Columbus Bluejackets have never played a playoff game. Well, at least Johnny must be happy about the Indians dropping three in a row in the ALCS. Honestly, I knew the Indians were in trouble when they got their butts handed to them in games 5 and 6. If I were more of a baseball fan, I would be upset.

3. I got to do the fun chore of putting a new post in the ground for my mailbox. The old post broke. It was either dry rot, or someone knocked it over. I think it was just dry rot though. The wook looked pretty bad. It was a pain to dig up the post though, what with the concrete holding it into place. I hope I did a good job putting in the new post. It is level and all, but I never worked with concrete before. I worry that I may have used too much water or didn't give it enough time to dry. Well, at least the mailbox is back up.

As for the week ahead, I am taking this Friday off, so I only have to work 2 days. Woo-Hoo!

1 comment:

Woody! said...

Days off sound good, man.

Good luck with Penn State this weekend and sorry about your Indians, too.