Thursday, October 25, 2007

I am old

I am taking tomorrow off to celebrate my 33rd birthday tomorrow. I can't believe that I am 33. I don't really feel like 33. I guess I have nothing to base that statement on, since I have never been 33 before, but I always used to think that people in their 30's were old. I am going to try to sleep in, relax, have my favorite dinner (schnitzel, mashed potatoes, and either peas or asparagus), maybe do some shopping, and then play some cards. I feel a little bad playing cards on my birthday, since I am sure Jessica would rather I just hang out with her, but I have a monthly game that is on the last Friday every month. Still, it should be a pretty good day. I notice that I have been reflecting on some things in my life. I don't think that there is anything I would do differently, but I have caught myself thinking 'what if' questions. I don't have any regrets though. Mostly, I have been thinking of old friends and missing certain people I don't see anymore. Luckily, most of the people I miss have blogs, so I can check in on them from time to time.

In other news, Ohio State has a HUGE game this weekend against Penn State. This is definately the game that worries me the most in this season. Well, at least until they play Wisconsin. Then Illinois. Oh, and M*ch*g*n. Man this is going to be a tough last four games. Anyway, Penn State is always a top team in the Big Ten. Add the fact that the game is in Happy Valley and a night game and it makes it double tough for the Buckeyes. The last regular season loss that OSU suffered was at Penn State at night. Ohio State is probably the better team. They definately have the better defense and if the offense can hold on to the ball, they should be able to control the game. Still, I am a little nervous about this one. The "experts" are picking OSU to win, but I'm sure they will all have a little party if the "upset bug" bites the Buckeyes in the ass.

GO BUCKS!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Enrique! I hope you have a good day.

33 is definitely not old. Didn't you know that 30 is the new 20? So, really you're just a mature 23 year old. :)

Woody! said...

Happy birthday, man! I guess blogs are the next best thing to actually seeing people in real life. :) Glad you have one!