Thursday, October 18, 2007

More Stuff

1. Anyone have satellite TV? I was thinking about getting Direct TV, but have never had anything but cable TV. I have been worried about bad reception from satellite TV. Plus, I would have to learn a whole new channel scheme. I am already pretty much set up for satellite. At least we have a dish on the roof already. There are two reasons I want to make the change: 1. the Big Ten Network and 2. They are adding a ton of HD channels (over 100). Time Warner doesn't have half that amount. Let me know if you have satellite and if you like it.

2. The Indians are up big in the series against the Red Sox (3 games to 1). The series could be over tonight, if the Tribe can pull out another win. They would face the Colorado Rockies in the World Series. I don't know how excited I am about that. The Rockies are something like 19-1 in their last 20 games. That is crazy.

3. You can call me Lou. I am now a lieutenant in the Halo 3 multi player world. I don't know if that is because I am good or just because I have played alot. I win some games, but others I get my ass handed to me. Mostly, I am a solid 2nd or 3rd place. There are a few maps that I excel and a few that I blow chunks. I guess it depends on if I know where the good weapons are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have Dish Network. I like it. It seams to go out less than when I had cable. There has been a couple of times where the storms prevented us from watching something. But, that was always a shorter outage that what I had with cable. We had a problem once with receptions. I called their helped line and it was fabulous. They talked me through all these steps of things to push on the remote. But, the problem ended up being a tree branch in the way. Which was easily fixed. I also like the fact we are always getting free movie channels to preview. It seems like there is some type of free channels on most of the the time.