Monday, January 29, 2007

To Valentine or not to Valentine

So, Valentine's day is coming up soon. A little more than two weeks away. I have been going over in my mind what I should get for Jessica this year. She told me I didn't need to get her anything, but I saw an episode of The Office where Pam told Roy not to get her anything because they were saving up for their wedding, and then she was pissed at him for not getting her anything. I'm not going to make that mistake. I doubt Jessica would get mad if I didn't get her something, but it's the gesture that is important. Even if I just get a card I will make her happy. Still, I think I'd rather go beyond the minimum effort of getting a card. But what should I get her? I've been getting her flowers quite a bit lately (roses for Christmas and more just because) and I bought her a ring for Christmas and our anniversary combo gift. She doesn't really wear bracelets and has errings and a few nice necklaces. Chocolates would be OK, but we are trying to behave ourselves and eat right. I looked on the internet for ideas and there were some pretty weird options out there: Sex games, panties, pajama's, sex books, a million variations of fake flowers and flower shaped items (candies, candles, etc). Still, nothing really caught my eye. Really, Jessica has all that she wants or needs. So, what do I do? I think I am leaning towards flowers again. I guess I'm just not really all that creative.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you must get her something. I think you should give her time. Take her out on a date. Give her a card on Valentines day with a note about a date. You don't want to go out on such a busy day. But, try and take her out within a week of Valentines day.

Eric Rhodes said...

that's a good idea.

Herb said...

Send her to a day spa...massage...hair salon...etc. My wife received a gift certificate for these one Christmas and still raves on about them. You gotta pamper the mother of your children, man.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, a gc for a massage is a GREAT gift. Trust me! :)

Anonymous said...

I tried thinking of something unique and fun, but I couldn't think of anything other than what's already mentioned.

Eric Rhodes said...

Yeah, she'd like a massage/spa thing, but they are SO expensive. It seems to me that, if you are going to schell out $100+ on a gift, it should sparkle. Still, I should just suck it up and get one for her. She'd like it.