Thursday, January 25, 2007

Poker Poker Poker

I have a few big poker games this week. First, tonight is the conclusion of an eight week tournament thatI have been participating in. First place gets $700. I don't really need the cash, but it would sre be nice. The way it worked out is, over the past few months, there have been 7 games where the winner gets the most points and the other players get fewer points on a sliding scale depending on what place they ranked. Really, no one has run away with the game. Everyone has gotten a failry equal amount of points. Tonight, we get chips equal to the total amount of points we've won so far. I think that, out of eight people, I am 5th or 6th, but there are only a few hundred points separating everyone. It should be fun.

Tomorrow, I am hosting a tournament at me house. I am expecting 10-20 players, depending on who all shows up. It's difficult to gauge the nember of people coming because most people don't RSVP. Honestly, I don't care as long and there are enough people for a good game (8 or more). Last time I played, I got my ass kicked in, so I am hoping that I can have better luck with the cards and can control my gambling nature. I tend to play hands that I should fold. Sometimes it works out when the right cards some up, but if they don't I get killed.

3 comments:

Eric Rhodes said...

in case you care, I came in 2nd last night. $300!! I went all in with a full house and was beaten by four 6's. DAMN!! Still, fun night. I played GREAT!!

Anonymous said...

So what are you going to buy me with the 300? I am sorry I am being greedy. What are you going to buy me and Mona with your 300 bucks?!?!?!?

Eric Rhodes said...

A WHOOOOLLLLLE Lotta nuttin'!