Thursday, January 11, 2007

Have I Mentioned that I am into Smallville Now?

I'm sorry that my blog has seemed less like a window into my life and more like a TV/movie review page. To be honest with you, TV and movies and my life are kind of intertwined. I's not that I am a looser, I just have access to DVDs all of the time. (I mentioned, I am a DVD whore.) Well, my latest TV series I have been watching is Smallville. It's weird that I like a WB show so much. I used to associate the WB with bad teen Spelling-esk dramas and African American sit-coms that are so silly that the main four networks won't pick them up (Moesha comes to mind). Anyway, Smallville is a really fun show. If you don't know, it is about the adolescent life of Clark Kent, aka Superman. It starts off in his freshman year of highschool. The show is fueled by the meteor shower that followed Kal'el (Clark)'s ship from Krypton after the planet blew up. The kryptonite caused some people to gain strange powers. Clark goes through his days fighting these super powered people and fighting his urges to tell his friends his secret (and fighting his urge to get it on with is hot female friends, like Lana and Chloe).

The frst season had mostly one episode stories where Clark would discover a bad guy, batle a bit with the bad guy, and defeat the bad guy. He'd get close to hooking up with Lana (a hottie, by the way) and flirt with the idea of telling his friends his secret. One of the interesting things about the show is that Lex Luthor becomes one of Clark's friends. If you don't know, Lex becomes Superman;s arch nemisis. Lex and his father suspect that there is more to Clark than meets the eye. They try to get to the bottom of why Clark is saving the day all of the time.

The story takes a weird twist when Clark discovers a cave with old Native American writings on the walls. The writings end up being Kryptonian and lead Clark to some answers about his parents and destiny on earth. I'm not too sure if I liked the fact that there are all sorts of Kryptonian artifacts all over the place that give Clark clues of his past and future. I'm not too familiar with the comic books and all of the Superman history, but it all seemed a little weird. I guess it add a lit of a twist to the show. Especially since Lex and his father are finding the artifacts and are getting close to the truth about Clark.

In the perverse nature of my blog, I will give you the hotties list from Smallville, ranked by me, of course. I am not going to include the guys, but it is my guess that women would find Clark a bit attractive. Anyways, the girls are:

5. Mrs. Luthor (I forget her name)- Lex gets manipulated into marrying a hot brunette who tries to kill him and then disappears. I forget her name, but she was quite attractive. Actually, Lex only hooks up with hot women and there are a lot of them.
4. Chloe Sullivan (Allison Mack) - Clark's best friend that could be more, but they are scared to cross that line and loose the friendship. She has very pretty eyes. Chloe and Clark go to the Spring Fling dance together and almost hook up, but then Lana gets caught by a twister and Clark has to run off to save her. Chloe realizes that Lana will always be #1 with Clark and gives up.
3. Lana Lang (Kristin Kreuk) - She would be #1 if I hadn't watched seasons three and four yet. That's when Lois and Alicia entered the picture. She is Clark's high school crush. They go back and forth bewteen almost dating and not dating that it gets a little tiring.
2. Alicia (Sarah Cater) - Clark starts dating this girl after she discovers his powers. She also has the power to teleport. She doesn't last long, since she goes crazy and tries to kill Lana and then gets offed herself, but she is definately a cutie. Great smile.
1. Lois Lane (Erica Durance) - This future Daily Planet reporter enters the world of Smallville in season 4. She has a real 'girl next door' look. (I like that) She is definately far more attractive in Smallville than she is in the old Superman movies with Christopher Reeve.

4 comments:

Herb said...

Yeah. Carrie and I have followed this series since season one. The dialog is fun, they are constantly making bad references to Clark's future and their use of color is fun as well (ie. Clark is always in some combo of red and blue while Lex is dressed primarily in black). The newest season is taking another step to transition Clark to his superego by introducing the Green Arrow, Cyborg, and others...next week they do a budding Justice League of America episode...pretty fun. Who cares if it isn't 100% true to the comics? It's definitely a fun romp in the DC universe.

Eric Rhodes said...

I agree Herb. I like the jokes they put in like Clark calling his dad "man of steel" and I think there was a "is it a bird? is it a plane?" joke. The only problem I have with the show, really the only problem I have with Superman, in general, is that everyone sees all of these amazing things happen near Clark, but no one puts two and two together to think that Clark has powers. Plus, Superman's 'disguise' is glasses and combing his hair. People must be dense in the DC world. I ignore my issues though, because the show is so good.

Anonymous said...

I don't really watch shows all that regularly, although a group of my friends are getting together to watch Grey's Anatomy. So, I think I might start watching that, now. I saw one episode and it was pretty decent.

Eric Rhodes said...

Grey'sAnatomy is GREAT!