Sunday, January 14, 2007

Put-in -Bay pics


So, I finally posted some pictures that we took while on South Bass Island (aka Put-in-Bay). I hope that these post the way I want them to. I usually just post pictures any which way they go up. I'm hoping that they stay on the left and that I can caption them.

This first picture is the sun set one of the nights that we were on the island. We were standing at the base of Perry's Monument. For those of you feom NW Ohio, Perrysburg was named after Commadore Perry. He was in charge of a small fleet that protected Lake Erie shores in one of the wars (French/India, I think)






This picture is for a game I want to play called WOW (Which One's the Woman?). You may need to save the picture to your desktop and blow it up so that you can see it better. There are two people in the picture, a man and a woman, and you need to guess which is which. Also, you have to admire the SWEET mullet on the one that is actually a man. I'll post the results on a later date.








The third picture is of the Crystal Cave at Heineman's Winery. It's a giant geode that you can go down into and walk through. Worlds biggest geode, I think. They did cut out part of it so that you can go in and out, but it's still pretty cool. Apparently the crystals are really heavy and really worthless (except for bringing in the tourists). By the way, if you like wine, Heineman's has some good stuf and they deliver. We like the Pick Catawba, Sweet Concord, and Niagra wines.





We went to a butterfly house on the island too. This is one of the butterflies that we saw. There were a BUNCH of them in the habitat. You get to walk through and sometimes they land on you. You need to make sure that they are off you before you leave, because they are not indigenous to the area and would cause damage to the eco-system if they escaped.







I need to look into that web site where you can add a bunch of pictures for free (Flickr?) I could just add all of the pictures at once instead of posting a few at a time, occasionally. We'll see.

1 comment:

Mona said...

Very pretty picture of the butterfly. I love nature pics. Flickr is a good place for pictures. You can do the free version or upgrade like I did. It's only 30 bucks per year or something like that and allows me to add as many pics as I want, essentially.