Thursday, August 11, 2005

You know you're old when......

You know you're old when you get excited about buying a new washer and dryer. That was my fun for the day yesterday. I went to Lowes and coughed up some dough for a new washer and dryer. The set that we have right now are on their last leg. It takes over an hour to dry a load of laundry in our current dryer. Now, we will be washing in style. I will spare you from additional details since I doubt anyone is as excited by this news as I am.

I finished the Harry Potter book on Monday. WOW!. Lots of twists, lots of suprises, lots of questions. Book seven is going to be jam packed with excitement. I have some theories about what will happen, but I don't want to ruin anything for those of you who haven't ready the book yet.

Also, I watched the rest of the Firefly DVDs. I was upset when I saw the last one because I wanted more. Again, there were some episodes that we so-so, but there were others that were quite good. I will definately try to see the movie when it comes out. From watching some of the interviews, it sounds iike Joss had alot of trouble with the TV execs when it came to creative freedom with the TV series. Too bad. One criticism I have it that when they showed sex scenes, the actors are way too sweaty. Kinda funny. One thing that threw me a bit was, when looking at the DVD cases. the shows on the DVDs were not in the order that they were initially aired. I thik that was good though because seeing 'Serenity' first really helped me out with character development.

I'm starting to feel panicked about moving. Excited about having a new house, but worried that I will forget to do something. I need to call all of the utilities and credit card companies to have my address updated. Plus, I'm worried that we will come up short on funds when we go to closing. We should be ok, but there is still some paranoia. I'm sure it will be OK, I just tend to worry unnecessarily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know just how you feel. We got a new bed a few months back and I was really excited about that too! I'm not sure I'll be able to contain myself when it comes to furniture.