Friday, August 12, 2005

Laundry heaven

The new washer and dryer are better than I imagined. I won't get into it much (even though I'm sure you all think my washing and drying of clothes to be riveting) but it took less than an hour to do a load of laundry from start to finish. My old dryer alone took over an hour to finish a load. The energy saving is very exciting to me.

So, I watched the trailer for Serenity last night. It looks REALLY good. Of course, I thought Saving Silverman looked good from the trailer and it was trash. I was shameful after watching it. Woody's little Star Wars based trailer was neat too. I never really thought of Mal as a Han Solo type, but I guess it's a pretty good comparison. Both are smugglers with a hard candy shell hiding the candy sweetness in the middle. Anyway, the movie looks like it will be very good. Just a few weeks away too. I will do my part and go see it.

I was watching Sports Center and I saw something that made me smile. Now, I don't wish for bad things to happen to people. I'd always lend a hand to someone truly in need. However, I couldn't help but smile when I saw a story on my least favorite ex-OSU football player, you pal and mine, Maurice Clarette. As you may know, he was picked up by the Denver Broncos (another reason not to like them) and he is currently their number 5 running back. Apparently, he is having so trouble adjusting. Personally, I am shocked that any NFL team would want him. He causes internal problems on a team and is injury prone. In fact, part of the reason he is having trouble is because he's hurt. He's also missing reads and dropping passes. This genius, instead of signing a deal for a guaranteed paycheck, signed a deal based on performance. I doubt he'll be left on the roster, so how will he get paid for performance? He comes off a such an arrogant ass. I'm not wasting any more blog space on him.

The countdown begins: Only 24 days until moving day.

5 comments:

Woody! said...

Congrats on the laundry devices. I was kind of excited when I could stop putting quarters in them to get 'em working.

Congrats on liking Firefly, you have taste. Glad you're up for Serenity. Only a little over a month away.

And I know you Buckeye fans dislike Clarett, but you can't get down on him. Remember, without #13 you wouldn't have a national championship. Heck, you may not have even won the Big 10 that year!

Eric Rhodes said...

Well, that may be, but Clarette was hurt half of the season and missed lot of games. We still won them all, even without Mr. Ego.

Woody! said...

Sorry, man. You won about 7 games that year by less than a TD. Any one of those with a different outcome, you're not in the national title game. Which, by the way, Clarett had some big plays in. And if any of those came in the conference, no national title game. Hell, not even a Rose Bowl. Iowa was 8-0 that year, remember? And he scored a TD, set up another against Michigan. That's pretty big in a 14-9 game. You loves to the Wolverines, you woulda been THIRD in the Big 10.

Just about every game was that close. You needed every player on that team, especially your most explosive one. I know it hurts, but it's the truth. YOU NEEDED HIM. No Maurice, no National Championship.

Eric Rhodes said...

Woody, I'm starting to not like your logic. Bottom line, he is more trouble that he's worth. Yes, I loved him when he played well (when he wasn't hurt) but when he let his true whiney, back stabbing colors show, that was enough for me. You're probably right, without him OSU probably would not have won the title. It's impossible to say though. He was all but shut down in the title game, Krenzel had more yards. Yes, he had two huge plays, but one of them was because he fumbled first. Bottom line, it doesn't matter what you do to help a team if your actions hurt the team even more. You don't go whine to ESPN because you don't get your way. Stay in the system, pay your dues, get your experience, then go make millions. He's lucky an NFL team picked him up considering that he's prone to injury and causes internal trouble.

Eric Rhodes said...

I just hate how he dragged the reputation of my college through the mud. It's just hard to wish him well.