Thursday, August 25, 2005

Ready for some football?

If not, my friend Ben sent me a link to a cool video promoting the Ohio State vs. Texas Game coming up on 09/10/2005. It looks like a Texas fan's site, but the video is pretty unbiased. I got pretty pumped up after watching it. Go to recent additions and check out the “OSU/Texas preview lets do this thing”. Do a right click File: save as. It won't open unless you save it first. It's really cool. It goes to show you that Texas fans take their football as seriously as Ohio State fans. These team have some similarities:

1. Both teams beat Michigan last season :-)
2. Both Teams beat Oklahoma State last season
3. Both teams have huge rivals. OSU has Michigan and Texas has Texas A&M (I spoke with an A&M band member when I was at the Sugar Bowl and he said that if he saw a Texas fan lying on the ground, injured, he's just keep on walking. I can only assume that Texas fans feel the same as A&M fans. I could be wrong though)
4. Both teams have game breaking talent on offense and defense.

I could research some more, but I really don't have the time or patience. I really just wanted to get everyone excited about the upcoming season. GO BUCKS!!

4 comments:

Woody! said...

I'm pretty sure Texas doesn't consider A & M their rival. UT fans probably look at Oklahoma. I'm downloading that video now. I caught parts of ESPN's college football preview. Your boy, Herbstreit, and Corso both picked OSU to win it all.

Eric Rhodes said...

you're probably right about Texas and Oklahoma. I just remember that A&M band members hate Texas, so I thought the feeling was mutual.

Woody! said...

Wow. I heard OSU opened up the offense the last few games but... wow. I saw more big plays offensively from the Buuckeyes in one of those three minute videos, half of which is Texas stuff, than in Tressel's whole time there previously.

Eric Rhodes said...

Yeah. Ted Ginn Jr is lightning fast. Hie is on the Heisman watch list in ESPN.com. And He's only a sophomore. Santonio Holmes is a big time receiver too. The only question marks the offense has if the running game and QB. Two big question marks, but if Troy Smith can keep clean, it should be a good year.