Friday, August 05, 2005

TGIF

Believe it or not, this is the first weekend off that I will have (other than vacation time) in a few years. I've been working Saturday shifts the last few years to save on day care costs. Now, I work every other weekend instead. The down side it that I have off the weekends that Jessica works. It's OK though. I get to spend quality time yelling at the kids and we still see each other in the evenings. It will be better when I work from home because I will be able to see her whenever I go upstairs. Anyway, I am glad it is Friday because I don't work tomorrow. My job is getting more and more tedious and I am basically just sick of it. I have my plan though, and will see it through. Right now my job fits the plan. Something stupid about my job: I (and the rest of my division) are moving up one floor in our current building in order to consolidate space. It is stupid because I will move my desk upstairs and in a few weeks move it home. I guess that is basically the same as if I worked from home next week and would then need to move my work stuff out to Hilliard. I guess I'll be a good soldier and go where they tell me.

I went to Chipotle today and met up with Amy. My friend Barb came too. Chipotle is GOOD. I had a bowl. Anyway, the main reason for the meeting was for me to borrow Firefly DVDs and for Amy to borrow Buffy DVDs. Now, I will be able to see the show that Woody talks about in his blog all of the time. If I like it as much as I like Buffy, I'm sure I will be happy. I will also be able to get more of Woody's daily quotes, since a lot of them are from Firefly. It was good seing Amy. Yes, I just went to her birthday party, but she was getting pulled around by so many people that it was hard to have a chat with her. Plus, I think that she was mad at me because of the Yeager Bomb that I bought her. I think the Red Bull made her a little hopped up on caffene.

Move update: Well, a little of my stress is gone. My realto called me and said that we don't have to be out of our house until 09/06/2005. that is good since we don't get to move into our new place until 09/03/2005. At first, we were told that we had to be out by 09/04/2005, giving us 24 hours to move everything. Now we have a nice window to work with. If anyone wants to help us with the move (I guess I should say, 'is willing to help'. No one ever WANTS to help people move) that would be great. I always provide food and drink to people that lend a hand.

Our cook out date is still planned for 10/08/2005 and the OSU vs Penn State game. It will also be our house warming party, so I'm hoping that a good time will be had by all. I've already requested a vacation day for the following Sunday. I am thinking about serving burgers, hot dogs, and hot BBQ chicken. We'll probably have the traditional cook out sides, and I think I will also make some of my famous monster cookies. Per requests, I will try to have Long Island iced tea fixin's on hand. I should warn you, my Long Islands tend to make people end up naked on my couch. I won't drop names as to protect the innocent. It was gross though.

Well, I guess that's that. I feel as though I should have a game that everyone can play at the end of my blog, much like Woody and Bryan do. So, after eaxh posting, I will hold up a number of fringers on one hand. The first person to guess how many fingers, wins! Ok, they don't win anything, but the cool ideas for games have been used already. I don't want to be a copy cat. So, I'm holding up a/some finger(s) now......

No comments: