Friday, August 19, 2005

Sorry about that.....

As you can probably read, I had to cut short my last post. The kids were all being crazy and I had to go give them a whack or two. Just kidding. I don't whack the kids. Much.

Anyway, Sin City was really good. If I had to complain, it would be about Jessica Alba. Don't get me wrong, she looked hot. The problem is that she played a stripper who never took her top off. In the comic, the character that Jessica Alba played was topless 90% of the time. I'm not saying that Jessica Alba needed to peel off her top and compromise her morals, I'm saying dump Jessica Alba for an actress not afraid to take it off. There were other topless women in the film, so why didn't the director insist on an actress willing to go the extra mile to truly fit the role? It's not like there weren't enough big names in the film... Bruce Willis and Frodo were both in it. I know, I know. You're all thinking, "Eric, you just want to see Jessica Alba's boobies." Well, although that is true, my big complaint is that they didn't find someone willing to play the role as Frank Miller created it. I mean come on, who ever heard of a stripper that wouldn't take her top off? Well, I still like her, even if she's not the best actress and is a prude.
Other than that, it was really shocking how closely the actors in the movie resembled the pictures of the charactors in the comic.

15 days until we start our move. Craziness. It seems like just yesterday that I was freaking out about selling our house and buying a new one. Now I'm freaking out about moving. It should be OK. We have most of our stuff boxed already. Plus we've gone through alot of stuff and threw a bunch of it away. Good times. I won't bore you with more details of our upcoming move. I'm just anxious to get it over with. We're having Volunteers of America come to take a couch and some old dresser tomorrow. If they won't take them, I've already called Columbus bulk pick up to have them taken on Tuesday. I am on it! I've even called all of my utilities and have things set up to change service from the old house to the new house. I guess after you've moved eight times in your life, you learn a few things.

Shows I gotta see:

Every night Jessica and I have television shows that we ritually watch. People try to turn me on to other shows, but honestly, I don't have the time. Well, here are the shows that we try not to miss:

Monday: Monday is kinda weak over the summer, but we normally watch Fear Factor (I laugh at the crazy shit people do for money) Las Vegas and Medium. All of these shows are not the greatest, but are quite entertaining. I can see Medium getting old after a while (honestly, how many times can a woman predict people dying and still be original?) but I find Las Vegas quite entertaining, mostly because I want to go back very badly.

Tuesday: We usually watch some type of reality show. It makes me sad to admit that. Average Joe is a favorite. We laugh at the hijinx of it all. There's also American Idol. Tuesdays generally make me sad. I think that there is a new show coming on Tuesdays about a woman becoming president that looks pretty good. We'll probably watch the pilot and see how it goes.

Wednesday: That 70's show is hilarious. It may suck now that Eric is gone, but I'll give it a few episodes to see if it is worth watching any more. We also watch House, which is a pretty good show about a doctor that knows it all. It has the same problem as Medium does. How many weird illnesses and diseases can they come up with before the show gets old?

Thursday: Usually, Thursday is my bowling night, so I miss alot of shows on their first running. Way back in the day it was Cheers and Seinfeld. Back in the day it was Friends, now we suffer through Joey. It's on OK show, but no where near as funny as Friends was. After that, we watch CSI, the best show on television, and then ER. I don't care as much about ER anymore because all of the good characters are gone. Now that Carter is leaving the show, I think that only a few nurses with small roles are left from the original cast.

Friday: Movie night, usually. We would Watch Third Watch and Providence, but both shows are cancelled now. We haven't found anything new yet.

Saturday: Another Movie night. There really isn't too much good on Saturdays until Football season starts up. Jessica hates football season, but she is an OSU football fan at least.

Sunday (probably the best TV day of the week!): We start out with Extreme Makeover Home Edition, then we watch desperate Housewives, and finally Grey's Anatomy. They are all great shows. We actually started watching Grey's Anatomy over the summer with the reruns, but I thin that it will be a keeper.

News of the day, Herb has a blog now. Check out the link!

1 comment:

Woody! said...

That's a lot of network shows. Do you have cable/satellite? If so, I would suggest Mythbusters on Discovery and there's a lot of cool haunted shows on the Travel Channel Friday night.