Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year

I hope everyone had a nice holiday. I never really got into New Year's Eve too much. It just seems like another day and time to buy a new calendar to me. It used to be exciting when I was a kid because I was allowed to stay up late. I still stayed up late, but I was playing Xbox. Pretty exciting, huh? New Year's Day was kinda fun though. I went bowling with two of my bowling teammates. The bowling alley that we go to had an all-you-can-bowl special: 3 hours for $10. We rolled seven games. Fun times. I used one of the games for practicing picking up the ten pin. It is the hardest spare for me since my ball hooks so much. I think I got it figured out now. Honestly, it will help my game a lot.

My resolution is to lose weight and cut back on my drinking. Honestly, I think these two are linked. I drink too much which makes me have more calories in my diet. Also, when I drink, I snack. I am going to try Adkins or South Beach again. They worked out pretty well for me in the past. The hard part will be motivating myself to excercise. Ungh.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

You could go with my "diet" plan. I'm super picky about only eating grains with at least 3 grams of fiber,tons of fresh veggies and fruits, mostly fresh (non processed) foods, and I don't really snack. I cook with butter and cream and all sorts of "bad" things, but we eat in small portions. It works. I think our daily diet follows the"French Women Don't Get Fat" philosophy. Yes.... I know I'm skinny. And I know that sucks.... but it does take vigilance to stay that way.

Eric Rhodes said...

self control is my main problem. I just like food too much.