Saturday, January 31, 2009

I think I am going to try to build a poker table

I have a few folding poker table tops, but have wanted a "real" poker table for some time. The table tops that I have have room for 8, but they don't really fit my kitchen table and aren't the best quality. My friend Mike builds poker table tops that you can put on a table that are pretty neat, but I kind of want to make one of my own. I looked online and found buildyourownpokertables.com which has some pretty good step by step instructions for the table. It is pretty much how I expected. You cut out the shape you want, cover it, and put on your bumper around the edge. It looks like you can also add cup holders and other things if you want. I am going to have to print out the specs and maybe ask my friend Mike for some help. The way he does it is a little different. His tables are modular so you can make the table into an eight seater or a ten seater. They are very nice, but I want to try to make my own. His bumpers are wood and I want to try to make mine with foam and leather. My one concern is that I want to make only a table top so that I can put it on my kitchen table when I have a game, but I fear that these instructions may make a really heavy table top. I will need to think it through and see what happens.

1 comment:

Eric Rhodes said...

All of my wood cutting is done. I ordered padding and cloth for the playing surface the other day. After I get them, I will finish up and have a cool poker table to play on.