Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dreams or Nightmares? You decide.

Have you ever had one of those dreams where you are stuck in one of your old 'college' or 'high school' type jobs? You know. The kind of jobs that you work so that you can eat and buy stuff while in school. Well, I had one of those dreams last night. I was waiting tables at Friendly's. It was weird. It wasn't a terrible dream with mosters after me or anything like that, but I was waiting tables in a busy dining room with all of the customers from hell in my section. If you ever waited tables, my section was filled with all of the people that run you ragged and then tip you a dime. Theone that stands out, probably because she was predominant in the dream, was a little old lady. The elderly are notorious bad tippers no matter how good the service may be. Anyway, she had me running back and checking ingredients on things she was considering ordering, she was changing tables every five minutes, she was back in the kitchen harassing the cooks, and basically being a pain in the ass. The dream turned funny when she was asking me if an ice cream treat she wanted contained any ice cream. She was sitting in the deep fryer basket at the time. By the time I came back to show her the box of ice cream to prove to her that there was, in fact, ice cream included, she was gone. Then I was forced to work with teeny bopper girls that were trying to hog all the tables and I wasn't making any money. Thankfully, I woke up. All in all, although it wasn't a terrifying dream, I think I would prefer dreaming of zombies trying to eat my brains.

It wasn't as bad as a really bad Friendly's dream I had a long time ago. I was the cook and there was a time stamp that the waitresses used to show when the orders were put in to the kitchen. The bad dream came in when we finished cooking all of the orders, were getting ready to close up, and more orders were time stamped. I didn't see the orders, I just hear that terrible stamping sound. This went on for a while and really made me have a bad nights sleep. That was years ago. Anyway, I wonder why I had a dream about a place I worked at over ten years ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I often have very vivid dreams. I dream that I'm still a teacher, but haven't been in a classroom in years, and then someone throws me into one. I have no idea how to rehearse a band anymore or how to carry out a lesson plan. It freaks me out every time!