Sunday, March 23, 2008

I Never Got This Much Crap

So, I a my parent's house for Easter. My cousins, Carrie and Jason, and my Aunt Carol and Uncle Terry are here as well. Jessica got suck working this weekend, so I am handling kid wrangling myself. Ok, not really. For those of you with kids, you know that, having relatives around is like having free day care. It is nice. My mom, aunt, and cousin Carrie are handling all of the kid stuff: baths, changing, dressing, teeth brushing, etc. It is like a little vacation. In my new found free time, I am going through all of my mom's digital pics and uploading them to my Flickr page. There are alot and it is taking em a while. My parents have broad band internet, but not my blazing fast business class Road Runner that Nationwide is paying for me to have at my house. What would take me a minute to down load is taking me five minutes here. Plus, there are ALOT of pictures. You know grandparents and taking pictures of their grand kids. I think my mom may actually have more than I do! Ok, maybe not. Still, if/when you check my Flickr page, there will be some pictures that are not in chronilogical order. Sorry.

So, the rest of the day is going to be filled with family time and then the traditional eating too much. We will have the usual ham, potatoes, and green bean caserole. My mom also request that Jessica make her sweet potatoe caserole. Yum. Not to mention, last night my mom get these bake-at home- pizzas from Papa Murphy's (I think). They were pretty good. She got three family sized pizzas for 10 people. These things were HUGE. Pretty good too. They had a stuffed pizza which was really good. I think that there are some in Columbus, but I don't know that I liked it ehough for me to want to get them myself. I prefer Donatoes.

I don't remember ever getting as much candy as my mom got for my kids. She bought all the candy so that I didn't have to hide it on the trip up to Monclova. There were SO many bags of candy that I only put about half of it in their baskets. Yikes. Anyway, I hope that all is well with everyone and that you are all eating way too much with your friends and family. Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I colored eggs and played Taboo with friends. It was fun. Cute pics on your Flickr page!

Woody! said...

Yeah, that's what the parents do when they're promoted to grandparents. I can only imagine how irritating it is to see your parents treat your kids way better than they did you.

Eric Rhodes said...

That's funny, Woody. And too true. My parent's actually show love and effection to my kids. They only showed me the unfavorable end of a belt.

Eric Rhodes said...

Ok, Ok, Ok.....I am kidding about the belt, but my mom TOTALLY spoils my kids.