Thursday, March 20, 2008

Funny Stuff about Dookie and Pee

Sorry if this is a gross post, but I think poo and pee are funny. Especially when there are foods and drinks that alter poo and pee in funny ways.

Asparagus - I LOVE asparagus. It is SO good sauteed with butter, some salt, and pepper. YUM. However, I get 'asparagus pee' after I eat asparagus. It smells weird. Not necessarily bad, but weird. It certainly does not smell good. Anyone know why that is?

Heineman's wine - I ordered some more wine from the winery on Put-In-Bay island in Lake Erie. They only deliver to Ohio. It is GOOD stuff. If you order a case, you cost will break down to about 7 or 8 dollars per bottle, which is what you'd pay for a pretty good bottle in the stores. Anyway, I don't know why, but when I drink this wine, it makes my poo smell weird. Again, not bad, but weird. Certainly not good either. Maybe it is the sulfites in the wine.

Red white and blue sprinkles - When I used to work at Friendly's in my college days, we would screw around and eat rainbow sprinkles. They were there for Fourth of July sundaes. Anyway, large quantities of red white and blue sprinkles will make your poo blue.

Beets - Pickled beets will make your poo turn red. THAT is a shocker the first time you see it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - that is a pretty gross post. But it has given me a very rare opportunity to tell the world that I always had blue poo at graduation time every year in high school. It was from all the blue icing on the Anthony Wayne themed grad cakes. I always found that to be odd, yet weirdly interesting.

Eric Rhodes said...

That is great! I guess I always got a white piece of the cake.

Mona said...

I looked up the asparagus thing and this is what I found on msnbc:

WHY DOES YOUR PEE SMELL WHEN YOU EAT ASPARAGUS?
Asparagus contains a sulfur compound called mercaptan. It is also found in onions, garlic, rotten eggs, and in the secretions of skunks. The signature smell occurs when this substance is broken down in your digestive system. Not all people have the gene for the enzyme that breaks down mercaptan, so some of you can eat all the asparagus you want without stinking up the place. One study published in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology found that only 46 percent of British people tested produced the odor while 100 percent of French people tested did. Insert your favorite French joke here________________________________.