Sunday, March 02, 2008

General Postings

1. My card game Friday was fun. I had a really rough night though. I couldn't hit a hand to save my life and some of the people I play with play with garbage that they should fold. Then they hit their hand and win. It is a little rediculous, but it backfires on them when they don't hit their hand. I played with WAY more money than I wanted to. I wanted to play with no more than $100, but I lost that, then another $100, and finally, with my last $40, I won back most of it. All in all, I am down $50 for the night. The last hour saved my ass. I doubled up twice. I am glad I have a forgiving wife. She could get mad with my gambling, but she knows I usually win more than I lose. All of my card playing for the year, and I am only down $50. Not bad, in my opinion. Especially since, after I win the WSOP Main Event, I will be a millionaire.

2. You know it's a slow sports day then ESPN is carrying speed billiards. I didn't really watch much of it, but from what I saw, they had to make all the balls as fast as then could. I'm not sure if they had to go in a certain order. If they missed a shot, they were penalized and if they didn't call a shot (aka "slop") they were penalized.

3. My bank sucks right now. It is transitioning from a credit union to a bank. I don't know the differences, really, but I didn't really have a choice in the matter. Anyway, this week they were converting a lot of things to different systems and everything got all screwed up. My ATM card stopped working, I had to re-register for online banking, and apparently, several people were having their checks bounce. I didn't have that issue, but it has been a pain not being able to get cash out of the ATM. Anyway, I got a message this weekend stating that all of the issues are supposed to be fixed now. Let's hope so. I I have to go another week without being able to get cash, I will have to change banks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think all banks suck. We've been with Huntington for 10 years, and in that time, they've lost 4 deposits (all large paycheck ones), upped their monthly charges by like 10 x's, and managed to pay auto pay bills late (resulting in late charges from the various companies. And yes, there is always enough in the account to pay the bills when scheduled.). So, you may ask, why are still with this horrible institution?? Because ALL our bills are paid from the account with auto pay, and contacting all the companies to change over to a new bank would be a bigger hassle than it's worth. DARN! They probably have us for life. So anyway... Don't switch to Huntington.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Huntington doesn't sound like a very organized bank. I haven't had too many problems with my bank, of course I'm old fashioned and still pay most of my bills by sending in a check via the mail....but I did have to go through a switchover when Bank One changed to Chase Bank. It was kind of annoying, but not too bad.

Eric Rhodes said...

I am probably going to stick with Nationwide Bank, just because I have my paychecks direct deposited and have online access already. It was just a pain when my debit card would not work. Hopfully all is fixed now.

I think I would throw a fit if my payments were not made on time. I hope they waived the charges you may have received. If not, I would definately change banks. that is garbage.