Thursday, November 01, 2007

Too Much Going On!!!

So much to post, so little time:



1. I mentioned in Woody's Halloween post that I am venturing into the world of satellite TV. So far, I am not impressed. Well, there have been some positives and some negatives:

Positives - 1. We have new remotes for all four TVs. With cable, you would get a remote for one TV and the rest of your TVs would have standard cable with the TV remote changing the channels. Our new set up have remotes for all TVs and the main menu comes up on all TVs. Makes channel surfing easier on the other TVs. 2. We now have the Big Ten Network, which is the whole point of this. The Wisconsin game got picked up by the Big Ten Network. 3. Free HBO and Cinemax for three months. 4. We now have 30+ HD channels, rather than the 17 we had through cable.

Negatives - 1. We have had reception issues. They either set us up wrong or put the dish in a bad spot. They are sending someone out tomorrow to hopfully fix it. 2. Our phone doesn't work since installation. I think that Sat TV needs to have a phone line and I think they plugged it into the place that our cable phone was plugged into. Nice. 3. The DVR and navagation menus aren't as user-friendly as with cable. I am starting to think I should have just switched to a cable company that had the Big Ten Network. 4. When installing in my office, then knocked down a shelf that displayed my Star Wars Legos. My office floor now looks like the result of the final battle of Return of the Jedi. And they didn't bother to tell me they did it. Assholes. 5. Whole new channel line up to memorize.



2. Last night was Trick-Or-Treating in our neighborhood. Jessica likes to decorate for Halloween, so our yard looked pretty creepy. I took pictures that you can see on my Flickr page. Gabriel was Jango fett and Alydia was the cutest (and blonde) Snow White. I tried to get a good picture of her, but she couldn't hold still. I guess Gabe was a bit of a stick in the mud and was complaining about being tired after thirty minutes. We have a lot of kids in our neighborhood, so 'Beggars Night' is a big to-do. Lots of homes decorate. I wanted to hide and play Xbox all night, but I was dealing with the Sat TV bullshit. We had some older kids show up for candy. At first I frowned at this, but then I remember Woody, Moe, and myself driving from house to house asking for candy.



3. I finally saw Spiderman 3 on DVD. I have to say, I was not impressed. It was OK, but I don't think it was as good as 1 or 2. It seemed like they jammed too much story into one movie. Sandman, Venom, and the Goblin? I will say that the Venom effects and the fight scenes were pretty sweet, but the rest of the film was a little weak, in my opinion. Kirsten Dunst wasn't even caught in a downpour to make her shirt wet. Her wet-shirt-nip-shots are about all she brought to the previous movies. In 3, all she brought was her bad acting and irritating snaggle tooth. I know, I'm mean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just have rabbit ears on our TV....no cable or anything. Kinda sad, eh?

We didn't get too many trick-or-treaters. But we didn't leave the porch light on, either.