Thursday, November 08, 2007

Time for a New Xbox

So, I think my Xbox is dead. I was playing me some Halo last night and the game froze. So, I turned off the console, and the ring of lights that should be green were red. I think it is referred to as the Red Rind of Death. I checked the power, made sure everything was cool to the touch, tried again, and nothing. I guess I could research some more and see if it is something that can be fixed, but I bought a 2 year replacement plan from Best Buy and my Xbox is only about a year old. Can you say, 'New Xbox?' I knew you could. Actually, this is my second 360 to go down. I am SO glad I got the replacement plan. I thought it was a necessity, considering all of the performance issues reported with the Xbox 360. I am hoping that I will be able to get one of the new and improved black models.

Halo 3 killing tip:

Get a mauler (a big pistol looking thing), get in close, and shoot then hit the melee button one right after the other. The shot takes your opponents shields down instantly and the bash in the head finishes them off. Works almost everytime. The only things that can beat you at close range age the shot gun and energy sword. It's a great combo.

1 comment:

Eric Rhodes said...

So, I went to Best Buy, they gave me a new Xbox, but asked if I wanted to keep the old hard drive. I asked if my problem could be the hard drive, the guy said probably not, and guess what? it was my hard drive. I hooked everything back up, including the old hard drive and same error. Now I have to go back to Best Buy to get a the new hard drive. Fun.