Friday, November 23, 2007

General Updates

Thanksgiving was pretty good yesterday. We went to my parent's house in Monclova (outside of Toledo) for turkey and all the fixin's. It was all pretty good, but I think my mom is getting a little lazy and she cooked it all in advance and just heated everything. At least it all tasted like leftovers. Still good though. We got to spend the day with my aunt, uncle, cousin, brother, and his wife. The kids always like seeing their grandparents.

I forget if I mentioned this, but the new Xbox 360 I needed to get is working well. It is nice and quiet. The only this I needed to do was recover my gamer tag. Oh, and I lost all of my saved games. Still, my online rep is intact and my status of a kick-ass level 25, grade three captain in Hal0 3 is intact as well. Plus, I got two free games with the Xbox. Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I played both a little, but I am so addicted to Halo 3. It's a sickness, really.

Probably the most exciting news is that Jessica finally got her driver's license. Don't ask me why she never had it before, I don't know the answer to that. It was irritating and a pain being the sole driver in the house. Now, she has more freedom and I have more sleeping time since I don't have to drive her to work anymore. I am not sure what is going to cost more though, the money I spent on driving her to and from work or the money she is now spending shopping. Just kidding. Yes, she has gone shopping a few times, but always for things we need.

2 comments:

Mona said...

My Thanksgiving was good, too! Tons of food, pies galor and a surprise guest! That's awesome that Jess has her license now. I know that was a bit of a source of conflict for you. We totally passed by your old house on Friday. We went to the mall and I had my mom drive by my old house. Were you there?? That would have been cool to see you.

Eric Rhodes said...

We were there on Thursday. I had to work Friday. Seeing you would have been nice too. Glad you had a good time with your mom. You must be a little crazy to have gone shopping on Black Friday. You couldn't pay me enough.