Thursday, February 08, 2007

Online Gaming

So, you may know that I have been playing NCAA 07 Football on Xbox Live over the past few months, and I have been enjoying it. However, I haven't been doing too great. It seems like I have been playing people that commit hours to the game and now I have a prety bad record. Add up the Cleveland Browns' last four seasons and you pretty much have my record. Most of the games have been close and some of my losses are due to my Xbox Live disconnecting (it's an automatic loss if you drop out of the game), but there have been some games that I just got KILLED. Still, it's basically fun and I have met and played several cool people online. A few assholes too. I still am a bit frustrated with the game. There are some teams that have some plays that are un-defendable. Not fair if you ask me. Anyway, I have hung up my cleats for a while and moved on.

Now, I am playing WSOP Tournament of Champions. WSOP stands for World Series of Poker, if you didn't know. I started playing the carreer mode, where I create a player and go through tournaments. It's pretty fun and very realistic. In a plug and play poker game I have, you can win a tournament in about 45 minutes or so, but in this WSOP game, it takes a few hours to win a game. The online play is a bit of a different story. I have played, maybe, six or seven games so far. So far, of the good games I have played, (by good, I mean the players are nice and played well) I won two and came in second twice as well. Then there is the flip side to online playing. Frist, I was in a big game where one player went all in (bet it all) every hand. Sane poker players fold, but when there was a caller, the dumb ass going all in would luck out, win, and then tell us all how much we suck. Then, what do you get when you have 8 or more guys, some drunk, some stoned, and some are just assholes, in a group setting where no one can see each other and no one can asault anyone physically? You get a game where everyone is talking trash and trying to pick fights. It SUCKED. I just want a forum where I can play some cards for free, have some fun, and maybe meet some cool players online. These guys were so rude and ingnorant sounding that I started going all in ever hand so that I could knock them out or get knocked out myself. I was a terrible experience. Most of the time, it's not that bad and usually fun, but some people should just not be allowed to associate with others.

1 comment:

Woody! said...

Yeah, at first, online gaming sounded fun. But playing complete strangers and having 14 year-olds kick my ass while mocking me is not my idea of fun.