Friday, February 23, 2007

Is it me, or has BSG been a little weak lately?

So, the last few episodes of Battlestar Galactica, in my opinion, have been a little lacking in the excitement department. I guess they feel that they need to do some character development or throw in some filler episodes. Not too much going on in the whole Cylon/human race to find earth. I have been saving this season on my DVR because I like watching them over, but the last two shows haven't really been worth it. I guess it is good that they got away from the whole Apollo Stabuck love tension, but this last episode is dealing with the chief and Cally's love tension. It's not that I am against that kind of episode, but it seems like they are going to that well a bit often this season. We get it. Marriages can be stressful. Now blow up something. Honestly, I found myself not caring if the chief and Cally got sucked out of the airlock and died. I would have felt bad for the baby, but that's about it.

The episode before was pretty dull too. I can barely remember it. Oh yeah, there was a doctor (That magically appeared. Where was he when Adama was shot?) that was poisoning some patients that didn't believe in medicine. Seems to me that you wouldn't need to poison them. Natural selection would take care of them. How could there be a whole colony of people that forsake medicine and yet be OK with space travel and other technology? The gods say it is OK to fly in space and fight Cylons, but not OK to get a shot to fight disease? Come on. I know that not every episode can be space battles or chock full of violence, but there needs to be something that catched my attention. I guess if they just focused on the Cylons and Earth all the time itcould get old too, or they would have to wrap the show up because it would end more quicky. Wel, let's hope that the next episode is a bit more interesting.

No comments: