Sunday, February 11, 2007

Gabe's Party Pics


So, it was Gabriel's 5th birthday yesterday. We went to Chuck E Cheese's to celebrate. My parents, Jessica's dad and brother, and a couple of Gabe's friends joined in the fun. It was a pretty good time. It seemed like we were being rushed a bit though. We had reservations at 4:00 and had to have our food order in by 4:10. We had to eat and open presents and be gone from our 'party' table by 5:30. I guess an hour and a half is a pretty long time, but it seill seemed like we were rushed a bit. Thankfully, there was another table open in the non-reserved area that we could move to.
The picture shown here is, of course, Chuck E Cheese himself. I thought it a bit interesting that there was an animatronic Chuck E Cheese and the live action Chuck E side by side. You'd think that they'd have a curton or something to hide the 'fake' mouse so that the kids didn't get confused.
Let me tell you, ChuckE Cheese's is WAY crazy. Kids running all over the place with little or no supervision while their parents chill out at their tables......nuts. It's a good thing that they give you stamps on your hand that match stamps on your kids hands, or else alot of children could be taken away from there. Personally, I always try to keep an eye on my children regardless of how 'safe' the environment may be. One very little boy was running around trying to bogart on everyone else's games. Gabe was trying to play a basketball thing and the kid was taking the balls out of the bin and shoot them himself.
Well, it seemed like the kids all had fun. Gabriel mostly played on the rides and in the tubes You can see what I mean by 'tubes' when you check out the pictures I put on my Flickr site. Like a jungle gym thingy. There were so many kids in it, the slide exit looked like it was pooing kids. We ended up staying a Chuck E's until 7:00. I think Gabe had a really good time, so it was all worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire you. I will never be taking kids there. Depending on how old Emma is I might let her go to a party there without my supervision. But, it is just too crazy for me. I must admit it is a kids heaven.

So do they check your hands when you leave? It has been a long time since I have been there.

Eric Rhodes said...

yes. they check your hand when you leave and match it up with the stamp on your kid's hand. I think our hands all had '807' stamped on them.