Sunday, February 25, 2007

Go Bucks, Hoops Style

As you all know, I get a little crazy when it comes to Ohio State football. It is not a suprise. I went to Ohio State and was in the marching band, so I was pretty invested in how well the football team performed. If they did well, we went to a cool bowl game. What you may not know was that I was also in the basket ball pep band. I am not as big of a basket ball fan as I am a football fan, but I am behind all sports that the Buckeyes participate in. I even played in a pep band for the women's volley ball team (maybe more because of the tall, hot women in spandex than because I was a volley ball fan, but the matches were pretty exciting too). Anyway, in the past few years, the men's basket ball team has been pretty mediocre. Last year they won the Big Ten title, which was cool, but before that, they were just average. Well, right now, they are ranked # 1 in the country. It's not all that exciting, since one loss will bump them out of the # 1 spot, but it is pretty cool for right now. Today there is a big game here in Columbus. #1 Ohio State will be taking on #2 Wisconsin. The game has lost some of it's luster since Wisconsin lost earlier this week to Michigan State, but this is the first time in Big Ten history that there has been a #1 vs #2 match up. There is also the fact that the winner of this game will more than likely win the Big Ten title and become a #1 seed in the Big Dance (NCAA tourney). So, to make a long story a little less long, I am hyped amout the OSU basket ball team and the game this afternoon at 4:00 on CBS. GO BUCKS!

2 comments:

Eric Rhodes said...

OSU 49 Wisconsin 48 - Boy, what an ugly game. At least the outcome was good. OSU wins the Big Ten title.

Eric Rhodes said...

Buckeyes DOMINATE!!!

The last two years, OSU has won the Big Ten Titles in mens hoops, women's hoops, and Football back to back.

GO BUCKS!!!

Is is sad that I comment on my own posts?