Monday, July 03, 2006

I am George Lucas's Bitch



I am sure that you all know by reading this blog that I like sci fi. I've always been a fan of the Star Trek shows, and LOVE Battle Star Galactica. What you may not know is that this sci fi streak in me was born when I saw Star Wars. Back then, it was just called Star Wars, not Star Wars, Episode Four, A New Hope. I own three copies of the the original trilogy. Mr. Lucas, or as I like to call him, Mr. Marketing Genius, sold the movies on VHS, which I bought. Then sold the Special Edition movies on VHS, which I bought. And then released the films on DVD, which I was gifted on Christmas. I also have two copies of Episode One, the Phantom Menace. VHS and DVD. At my parent's house, there is a huge box of old figures and vehicles from my childhood. I own several Star Wars Lego sets, Star Wars Xbox games, Star Wars Nintendo games, Star Wars Pez dispensers, and Gabriel's room is decked out in Star Wars decor. Needless to say, I've lined George Lucas's pockets a bit. This was done yet again yesterday when the family and I went to COSI, the science center here in Columbus, to see the Star Wars exhibit. It was pretty cool, but we had to wait two hours before we could get into the exihibit. No, we weren't in a line that long. We bought our entry tickets to Cosi at 2:00, but were not allowed into the Star Wars area until 4:15. They obviously know that they everyone wants to see the Star Wars stuff. So, we went around to the other exhibits to pass the time. Oddly enough, we ran into the Hogg girls (Tonya, Terry, and Tammy) and Doug Sheridan. They were a bit distracted though since all of their children (between the three Hogg girls, they have 8) ran into the Space exhibit as we were exiting. By the way, the Space exhibit and Ocean exhibit freaked out Gabriel and Alydia a bit. They are a bit loud. When we finally got into the Star Wars exhibit, it was pretty cool. There were several scale models, lots of costumes, and other attractions. It was pretty cool. We took lots of pictures of the boys in front of things. Alydia wasn't so impressed. She was a pretty good girl though for being in a stroller so long. If you are interested in Star Wars, I recommend that you check out the COSI exhibit.

No comments: