Thursday, July 20, 2006

The day is near

T-minus nine days until our big cookout. It looks like we will have a pretty good turnout. I went to Sam's to get some party suppies yesterday. I am concerned about having enough food, but it seems like the last few cookouts that we've had, I made entirely too much food. After the last cookout, we had to eat left overs for almost a week to get rid of everything. Of course, this one looks to be bigger than the last. I'm predicting about 30 people. It looks like almost all of the AWHS grads I;ve invited will be able to make it. There will also be several people from my work and several people from Jessica's work. All in all, it should be a pretty good crowd. If you read my posts and are interested in attending (if I accidentally forgot to invite you) peave me a comment and I can email you the info. Anyway, the menu will include burgers, brats, hot dogs, and chicken. Also, baked beans (for the tooting), salads, chips and dips, and some other appetizers. I am planning on making monster cookies and a chocolate peanut butter bar thing. Yum. We will also have plenty of yummy drinks if you are planning on imbibing alcohol. I'll be able to mix margaritas, Long Island Iced Teas, Appletinis, Manhattans, well, basically anything that you could ask for, even beer! For the kiddies, we will have a variety of sodas. I was thinking about getting one of those Corn Hole games, thinking that they'd cost only a few bucks ($40 or $50) but they are on sale online for over $100 plus shipping. I guess I could look locally, but I doubt that I'll be able to find them much cheaper. I think that we should have enough going on since there will be people that haven't seen each other for ten years or so. Lots of catching up. I guess if people get bored, I have some board games and cards, plus the Xbox. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Eric, don't worry about having enough food. I will bring something. Not sure what. I am thinking about something that does not have to be kept cold. I am so looking forward to your party. Amy Louise Fifer

Mona said...

Did somebody say cards? Euchre!!!! Bring it oooon, baby!

Eric Rhodes said...

I haven't played Euchre in years! I hope I'm not too rusty.