Friday, July 07, 2006

BSG collectables

As you may know, I have been collecting Star Wars die cast ships for Gabriel. I decorated his room in a Star Wars motiff and used the ships as decoration. It looks pretty cool. Anyway, I was checking Target for any new ships that I may not have already (I saw a Millenium Falcon there, ut I already had a Millenium Falcon with battle damage. Didn't think I needed both) and I came across a cool discovery. My favorite show, Battle Star Galactica, has some die cast ships out too! I think there are only three, the Battlestar, a Cylon Raider, and a Colonial Viper. I only saw the Battlestar and the Raider, so I am keeping my eyes peeled for a Viper. I am not one of those obsessive collectors that keep the ships in their protective cases, I actually get them out to look at and display. I don't care about resale value. They're toys for crying out loud. Anyway, I just thought these were cool.

2 comments:

Woody! said...

Between this and the COSI exhibit you talked about earlier, your inner geek must be thrilled.

By the by, how long is Star Wars at COSI?

Eric Rhodes said...

Star Wars is at COSI until September. It will be over the 4th. Check out http://www.cosi.org/starwars/

Yes, my inner geek is quite content at the moment.