Monday, July 31, 2006

Cookout....mmmmmm....

Well, our cookout went pretty well this past Saturday. We kicked off at 2:00, but the main crowd didn't show up until later in the afternoon. It was a good turnout with several of my highschool chums showing up, including Woody, Moe, Amy K, Betsy, and Herb. Herb showed up with his wife and three little girls (all cute) and Amy showed up with her husband and daughter (also cute). My bowling buddies showed up with their ladies and kids, and several of Jessica's work friends came with spouses and kids in tow. I think everyone had a pretty good time. The beers were flowin' and I mixed up several drinks throughout the evening. I still have a ton of alcohol, but thankfully most of the food is gone. We stil have some cookies, which could be a threat to getting back on out diet. I have to say, it was really great to see my highschool friends. We don't get together nearly as much as I'd like. It will be even harder now with Moe, Bryan and Gretchen, Amy and Johnny, and Tonya and Jay all moving out of Columbus (not to mention out of the state). I will do my part and try to have a cookout every year. Check out Woody's site if you want to see some pictures of the party.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make a mean Bahama Breeze.

Lisa Lynch
Flying J Regional Manager

Mona said...

Sorry I missed it. The pictures look like you guys had fun. *sigh*

Woody! said...

Good times this weekend. Good times.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I missed it! Next year, providing we're still in the area, we'll do our best to be there.