Friday, July 28, 2006

New Star Trek Flick

I bought a TV guide this week. Not because I need a television guide, but because it was a 'Sci-Fi Preview' and had articles about BSG and a new Star Trek movie in the works. There wasn't much information regarding BSG, just that there are a lot of changes and someone will die in episode three (a substantial character). The big news to me was that there will be a new Star Trek movie. Yes, I've stated that twice already, once in the title and then in my first sentence, but I found this information very interesting. I've seen all of the previous Star Trek and TNG movies to date. The best Star Trek movie, in my opinion, is The Wrath of Kahn and the best TNG movie, in my opinion, was First Contact. There have also some real stinkers in the Star Trek movie line, including Generations (Kirk in a Next Generation flick? Come on.) and The Final Frontier (the one where they go looking for God). Anyway, the next movie in the Star Terk line is going to be based in the Kirk and Spock era, back when they were in the Academy together. The article didn't go into too much detail, but the creator of Lost is going to be at the helm of the project. I don't watch Lost, but I hear it's pretty good. I'm not too sure how thrilled I am about the general idea of the movie. It seems like a step back. I guess that a Voyager movie is out of the question, since the crew made it back to Earth, and a Deep Space nine movie would be dumb too since that series wrapped up too. I guess the only options are Enterprise, which wasn't that great of a show, TNG, or the original crew. If it were me, I would create a whole new crew for future Trek movies. I really see no need to use Kirk and Spock or Picard and Riker for every movie. At least they are changing up things a bit by putting Spock and Kirk in their Academy days. I just hope that they don't try to squeeze William Shattner or Leonard Nemoy into cadet uniforms.

1 comment:

Woody! said...

Star Trek movie? I'll believe it when I see it.