Thursday, December 04, 2008

NetFlix fun

I talked a little about how I can watch netFlix movies and shows on my Xbox the other day. It is a really cool feature of the new Xbox Live format. You have to have a NetFlix membership though. Anyway, I started watching a show called Jericho using this feature the other day. Has anyone seen Jericho before? First, I was a little offended because I thought the show was calling me a ho. J-Eric-Ho. I know. Silly, right? Anyway, I was very suprised by Jericho. I also found the name of the show ironic. In the Bible, God had a beef with the walled city of Jericho and commanded Joshua to lay siege. At least I whink that is how the story goes. Anyway, the show Jericho is about a town that survives a nuclear holocaust. See why the name is ironic now? Not knowing how the whole show goes, I am half expecting the series finale to be called 'The Fall of Jericho.' As you can imagine, people have difficulty coping with the loss of major US cities and the loss of general luxuries (power, food, medicine, etc.) Plus, some of the unsavory people turn to criminal acts and underhanded practices. Like the store owner who startes charging $20 for water, for example. I won't get into the plot too much, but I am really enjoying the show so far. It is on NetFlix's 'watch instantly' list, so watch it online.

No comments: