Monday, December 15, 2008

December? Really???

Not only is it December, it is almost Christmas! Only 17 more day in 08! Time just seems to fly by now that I am getting oldish. It seems like just yesterday I was posting about how happy I was about Spring time and now it is almost Winter. Oh well.

We aren't doing anything too exciting for the holiday season. We will be heading north to see my parents and brother's family. Did I ever mention that I am an uncle now? Anyway, I'm sure there will be too much food and drink there and the kids will have Christmas #1 with my parents. Then, in between our work schedules, we will have another Christmas, this one actually on Christmas day, with Jessica's dad and his 'friend'. We will cook too much food and have too much drink. The fun part, of course, is watching how excited the kids get. It's strange, Ally is already questioning the existance of Santa Clause. She's three, remember? I guess she is scary smart. I'm not sure how she is figuring it out, but she is already skeptical. Weird, right? Gabe is cute though. He wrote letters to Santa for everyone. Yesterday I cut out some trees out of paper for the little kids to decorate. I think they enjoyed it. Gabe made big, more detailed decorations and Ally made little dot ornaments that covered the trees.

Last night was kind of fun. Gabe had a reading assignment to complete, so he read the book to me and then we answered some questions about the book. He amazes me when he reads. He know so many big words. I don't think I could read half as well and he can in 1st grade. I really think that early childhood education is much more advanced then when I was in school.

2 comments:

goooooood girl said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Herb said...

I agree with you. It's with disbelief that I acknowledge that December is upon us.

Our Holiday push will begin this weekend with the kids. I went back to school and the last exam is tomorrow (and there was much celebrating --yea...). So, after the drinking and grown-up celebrating, the tree and lights go up and the merry making with the kids begins.

My best wishes to you, Jessica, the kids, and your parents.

Merry Christmas!