Thursday, October 23, 2008

Plenty o' Posts

I keep thinking of things to post in the evening, but then forget what I want to post about. I think I thought of three things last night, but can only remember one. That's OK though. It is a pretty involved subject. I think....

True Blood is now playing on HBO. You may think, "A TV show, Eric? Not very involved...." When I saw the trailers, I didn't think much about it and doubted I would like it very much. Jessica is really into vampire stories though, so we watched it. Now, I think I am going to call this one of my favorite shows to watch. Of course, BSG, Doctor Who, and some of my other favorite shows are off the air at the moment, so I may just be filling in the void.

True Blood isn't like your every day vampire story. It has some of the same weaknesses and similarities to other vampire stories. Sunlight, fire, and stakes through the heart can kill them. However, they have reflections, no fear of crosses or garlic, and in this story they have come out of the vampire closet, so to speak. They live in the open. True Blood is what they call synthetic blood so they don't need to eat people all the time. This show really has alot of interesting aspects. The main character, Sookie (I know, right?) is able to read people's minds and she falls for a vampire named Bill. Apparently, she can't read vampire minds, so that is a big turn on for her. There are prejudices between vamps and people and a killer on the loose to add to the drama. It's quite interesting. I recommend True Blood if you have the chance to see it.

I almost called this post "I Saw Rogue's Boobies." Anna Paquin plays 'Sookie'. For those of you that remember, she was Rogue in the X-Men movies. She isn't exactly who I would have cast in the roll of the (in my opinion) the hottest X-Man. I had a huge teen-comicbook-fan crush on Rogue in my teen years. My teen-comicbook-fan crush list went Kitty Pryde, Gen 13, Rogue, Mystique, and Jean Grey. If I put them in order, I would make Mystique #1 because she can change her shape. Want a badonkadonk butt? She can do that. Anyway, understanding that I had a teen comicbook crush on Rogue, when Anna Paquin showed her boobies on True Blood, it was interesting for me. There was nothing spectacular about them, other than the teen perve inside me thinking to myself, "I just saw Rogue's boobies!" It was actually a bit suprising to me because I didn't think Anna Paquin would do a nude scene. She was always a bit innocent in anyother films I had seen her in.

1 comment:

Eric Rhodes said...

So I don't forget: Tomorrow - Fable 2