Friday, October 24, 2008

Fable 2

I posted about Fable way back in the day. It is a quest type game where you go around killing bad guys with a sword, crossbow, and magic. I really loved Fable. I played it through three or four times. You can play it to be a good guy or a bad guy and the story changes depending on your choices. TONS of fun. Anyway, Fable 2 is out now for the Xbox 360. I bought it and am loving it just as much. I can play it all day and not notice the time fly by. Though the game is pretty the same as the old version, there are some neat changes.

1. you get a doggie. In the old game, there were treasures buried and hidden all over the place. the same is true in Fable 2, but instead of hunting for the trinkets yourself, you have a dog that sniffs things out for you. It also helps you fight.

2. The game is set 500 years after Fable. Most of the magic is gone from the land and technology is creeping in. Aside from bows and crossbows, you can buy pistols and muskets. I haven't used one yet though because I have a good crossbow that works well.

3. You can get married in both games, but in Fable 2, you can also have kids and go to whores. I think it is funny. If you go to a whore, you could catch a disease, so of course, they provide condoms too. What a great game! I haven't found a whore yet, but since I am playing as a good guy I don't want to partake in the hookers. It might make my good guy status decrease.

4. One negative change is that there are alot more things that your character can do. It sounds good, but in the old game you could assign spells and actions to buttons. In Fable 2, you can access all sorts of things, but you have to press the right bumper botton, select what you want, and then your action takes place. It sucks in a fight when you want to use a specific spell and are hindered by the lack of speed and ease.

All in all, Fable 2 is a load of fun. If you like this sort of game, I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

Woody! said...

I never played the first but sounds like a fun game. I think I'm going to put it on my wish list for Christmas.

Eric Rhodes said...

I can play it for hours at a time. Just exploring and looking for hidden treasurs is a whole lot of fun. The best part about this is that it is basically two games in one. First you play as a good guy, then you can start all over as a bad guy. The game is totally different depending how you play it. I can see you liking it, Woody, because there are so many achievements you can get.