Monday, October 06, 2008

A fun weekend

I had myself a pretty nice weekend. Friday started out playing poker. I didn't win anything, but I always have fun playing cards. Actually, it was a frustrating night of cards. There were a lot of hack players there. There's really no way to win against hack players when they get lucky. For example, I flop two pair (AA 7 7) bet big, get called, and the caller hits a better two pair on the turn (AA 10 10). I played it right, had the best hand going in, and got out drawn. Oh well.

Saturday, Jessica's grandpa, his lady friend, Jessica's aunt, uncle, cousin, dad, and dad's special friend were all over for dinner. I grilled some brats, burgers, and hot dogs. I had to drink alot during the OSU Wisconsin game. It was a great game to watch, but stressful. I guess football is a little boring when your team blows someone out, but it is much more relaxing when the game is in the bag. OSU went up first on a stellar run by Beanie wells. Re was on fire Saturday. The game went back and forth, requiring a last minute drive by OSU to pull out the win. It was exciting.

Sunday, we went to campus to watch Jessica's cousin play in a softball tournament. She is Ohio State's center fielder. OSU played three games, but Jessica and I took Gabe and Ally home after the first game. It was actually fun to watch. Brittany (Jessica's cousin) struck out a few times, adanced a runner that would score on a ground out, and then hit a double. Probably the most entertaining part of the game was all of the cheers. When a batter was up, the rest of the team would do a cheer for her. Each cheer was specific for each player. Also, they would razz the other team. If the pitcher threw a walk, the team would do a cheer about throwing balls. It was a hoot. OSU won the game we watched, but I am not sure about the other games.

After the game we watched, we actually too the kids to a nearby farm for a hay ride. We rode on a wagon pulled by a tractor, get to go through a cord field maze ( I kept calling it the maize maze), then we picked out pumpkins. There was also a pony ride that Ally LOVED, weak petting zoo (two cows and two rabbits), and a few inflatable things for the kids to bounce on. It was fun.

No comments: