Monday, October 27, 2008

I think I need to get Showtime

I have been watching a lot of shows that have been on Showtime lately. I thought that HBO had the corner on great shows with the Sopranos, butit turns out that Showtime has some really good stuff too.

I started watching Dexter online though NetFlix. It is about a serial killer, named Dexter, who also works for the police and a CSI type guy. He is kind of like a vigilante in that he only kills people that he knows are bad guys. It sounds a bit out there, but it is a really good show.

I then decided to give Californication a try. This one stars David Ducovney of X-Files fame as a writer that moved to LA and is now a sex fiend. It is pretty good too. He hooks up with this really hot girl in the first episode only to find out that she is the 16 year old daughter of his ex-wife's new boyfriend. Oops. It's a funny show.

This weekend, I started watching Weeds online, also though NetFlix. It is about a suburban housewife whose husband dies. In order to support her family, she starts selling pot in her neighborhood and around town. I think I am addicted to this show now. It is kind of funny, kind of crazy, and definately good.

All three of these shows are on Showtime. HBO is OK still and we watch Trueblood on it, so I guess in order to keep my satellite bill the same, I need to drop Cinimax and order Showtime. Sure, I will miss the soft porm on 'Skinimax', but that's OK. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Skinimax! It's been forever since I've watched the quality movies on that channel. I miss it. :)

Woody! said...

Never drop Cinemax. Ditch HBO instead.

Eric Rhodes said...

I would drop HBO, but Jessica is really into Trueblood. I guess I could spring for all three channels, but I am not made of money.