Friday, October 10, 2008

A Broken Record

I am repeating post. Well, kinda. Revisiting topics, I guess.

- Another good week of bowling. As previously mentioned, my team has been undefeated so far this season. There is still a long way to go though. Last night we bowled out nemisises (plural nemisis...nemisees?) a team that always takes us to the wood shed. They tried last night. Three of their bowlers had 600+ series (three games of 200+) Luckily, my buddy Jesse and I were pretty hot too and were both over 600 as well. Add in out handicap from our weaker bowlers and we were able to split the night. We won two games, but lost the team series point. We are still in first place by one point. I rolled a 234, 171, and 221. I missed a few easy spares, so I am still a bit miffed, but I was hammering strikes.

-more politics (sorry) - I watched a little of the Presidential debate this past week. I couldn't stomach much of it though, since half of the talking was done by McCain. It made me want to vote Democrat even more. Everything he said seemed to be in avoidance of every question he was asked. His best tactic seemed to be to say, not what he would do in a certain situation, but what Obama would do to make things worse. The most amazing thing he said was in response to a social security question. "How will you fix social security?" or something to that effect. His response was SO wishy washy. Something like, "We know how to fix social security. We always have." He then avoided the question completely and did not answer. When Obama called out McCain in regard to taxing health care and the fact that our $5000 health care crredit would go to insurance companies, NOT us, all McCain could do was sputter "Do the math." over and over. Oh, and if he said, "My friends" one more time, I was going to reach into my TV and choke him. (if the Secret Service read this, I would NOT do that to Mr McCain. It is only an expression.

OSU vs Perdue - I get to go to the OSU game tomorrow. Whoopie!! It is a 3:30 game so I get to sleep in a bit. I love going to OSU games. After the close one last week at Wisconsin, I am looking forward to Ohio State rolling up some big numbers against the Boilermakers. Plus, it is always a treat to see the Marching Band and relive old memories. GO BUCKS!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've decided to not watch the debates anymore....at least not live. I just wait until the next day and you can find the debate online somewhere and jump to the sections of interest. It's just too annoying to me to do any other way anymore!