Thursday, October 16, 2008

New Ball

I went out and ordered myself a new bowling ball yesterday. It was a bit pricey, but there is a mail in rebate for a $100 gas card. You better believe I'm sending that in ASAP. It is called a Brunswick Twisted Fury Solid. I didn't get it online though, because I don't trust them to drill it correctly. I could buy it online and have it drilled at the pro shop, but they usually charge $50 to drill an online ball. They would prefer that you buy the ball in house, which is what I did. I pick it up tonight. I would rather have picked it up yesterday, but they were sold out of the ball I wanted. Plus, for some reason, most people get 15 pound balls rather than 16 pounders. I prefer 16 pound balls. Otherwise I roll the ball too hard. Hopfully, it works out well for me.

4 comments:

Eric Rhodes said...

It was a rough night of bowling with the new ball. I expected this. I didn't do horrible, but it took me a while to get the feel for the new ball. When I throw it correctly, it breaks hard and causes mass destruction to the pins. After I got the feel for the ball, I rolled a 205 game. The first two were both in the 150's and I got screwed a few times, leaving a solid ten pin on a good first ball. Oh well. Next week should be better.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Happy early birthday, Eric! I will be in Reno starting tomorrow and don't know if I'll have good internet access. So I wanted to make sure and tell you. Hope it's a good one! :)

Eric Rhodes said...

thanks Mona! Have fun in Reno.