Monday, December 11, 2006

Title Game Played, and Won! Plus, Quitters.

So, this was my weekend off, so I played a few games of NCAA 07 on Xbox Live. It's really fun. I used Ohio State for a few games and Wisconsin for another game. Basically, I try to pick a team that is equal to the team I am playing against. The first game was OSU vs. Texas. The game was going back and forth, since it is harder to play defense, but then something weird happened, the other player just quit out of the blue. I was a bit irritated. I think he/she probably quit because I was winning. So, I found another game. My opponent selected Colorado, so this is the game that I picked Wisconsin. Not because I like Wisconsin, I just figured they were equally matched to Colorado. Then, the same thing happened. The other player quit half way through the game. I played one last game on Saturday, another OSU vs. Texas game. This player, again quit. Sure, I was up 42-14, but quitters never win and winners never quit.

Sunday, I played another game. Ohio State vs. Florida. For those of you that live under a rock, that is the upcoming National Title Game. I got the ball first and was stone walled. Usually, Pittman and Smith can run all over every defense that I played. Not this time. I had to punt the ball on my first possession. The person I was playing then went and scored on my like I was a drunk sorrority girl. I got a little scared. I got the ball back and was able to drive down the field....for a field goal. Again, I got a little more nervous. Thankfully, my opponent threw a pass into triple coverage and I got an interception. This time, I realized that my opponent was playing to stop the run. I started passing all over the place. Post routes, corner routes, slants, screens, they all worked. Or I'd roll out and have enough open field in front of me to get first downs running with Troy (cal me Mr Heisman) Smith. Unfortunately, I was still unable to stop Florida's offense. Fortunately, my offense became unstoppable as well. We went back and forth into the fourth quarter. I tied the game with a minute and 35 seconds left to play. Hoping for over time, I started playing four deep on defense...... and got burned for a TD. I had 57 seconds left to score and tie things up. My opponent had the same idea that I had and dropped everyone back deep on defense. With the middle wide open, I started throwing short passes over the middle (I had all three time out left) and was able to drive down the field for the score. the 15 second I left on the clock was not enough for my opponent to score, so we went to OT. I got the ball first and scored a TD. My opponent scored a TD as well. I went on defense and, after a GREAT goal line stand, stopped my opponent on the 1 yard line when he went for it on 4th down. I then used Pittman up the middle just to set up the winning field goal, but he broke through for the winning TD instead. It was a really fun game. You all need to get Xbox live!

2 comments:

Bryan said...

Lets hope the game on the 8th will be like that, big close cme that we win :)

Anonymous said...

You have to work some weekends?