Monday, December 18, 2006

Best Buy, My 'On Again Off Again' Favorite Store

I love Best Buy. I've loved Best Buy for as long as I can remember. Of course, there was this time that I bought cell phones from Best Buy, bought the 2 year protection play, and then got pissed off when my battery died and they wouldn't replace my phone because there was a crack on the display. I wasn't returning the phone because of the display. I was returning it because the battery wouldn't hold a charge anymore. I was SO pissed that I boycotted Best Buy for almost two years. (Don't ever piss me off. I hold grudges.) I started to get my electronics, games, and movies from other stores, like Target and Circuit City. It worked, but it was not as satisfying. Then, the temptation became too great when my office moved from down town Columbus to Dublin Ohio. Five minutes from Best Buy. The day came that I needed a movie or a CD and lifted my Best Buy ban. I took baby steps. A CD here, a DVD there, and then my Xbox died. I needed a new one. I broke down and dropped a ig load of cash as Best Buy. After that, it was like two long lost lovers that were reunited. I now buy all of my movies, electronics, and game from the same place, once again. As an added bonus, I can go to Giant Eagle ( the local grocery store that gives you $$ off per gallon of gas for spending money there) and buy Best Buy gift certificates when I know I'm going to buy something big. If I buy $300 in Best Buy gift certificates at Giant Eagle, I get $1.20 off per gallon of gas. Anyway, I bought a gift for Jessica as Best Buy (a DVD video camera) and she bought me my big screen TV at Best Buy (plus my Xbox 360) . I'd say the ban is over.

THE BEST THING ABOUT BEST BUY: I guess lots of places do this, but Best Buy has a 30 day price garuntee. If you buy something there and find it advertised cheaper somewhere else, Best Buy will pay you the difference plus 10%. If the product is advertised at Best Buy cheaper than what you paid for it, they will give you the difference. Well, the TV we bought was advertised $300 cheaper this week than what we paid for it. So, we loaded up the car, drove up there, and got paid or looking at ads. It was a Festivus miracle! I am not Best Buy's crack whore.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I am not Best Buy's crack whore." or so you say. . . Hey I like good deals and it looks like you found that at Best Buy. Especially the whole gas savings deal. Cool! But, admit it. You take Sunday's Best Buy adds with you to the potty!

Eric Rhodes said...

No, I usually look at them during breakfast on Sunday. I dodn't read when I poo.

You know, Amy, as much as you post comments on everyone else's blogs, you should really start your own. Give us the inside scoop of the Fifer family.

Anonymous said...

Like I said before my blog would be so dull. All mama stuff and crazy sisters stuff. Your guys lives are much more entertaining than mine. That is why I read everyone blogs :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I gotta ask. What do you do when you poo if reading isn't an option? :)

Anonymous said...

Do you read Mona?

Anonymous said...

Yep! Well, sorta. I leaf through catalogs or read magazines. I don't usually bring in a novel with me or anything. :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm....I think I have an idea for my next poll question!! Yay! :)

Eric Rhodes said...

I don't have time for anything other than poo-ing. It usually goes pretty quickly. I call it 'power-dumping'. (If you didn't want to know, don't ask the question.)

For the record, every man believes that hot women don't poo. You two are RUINING my mental pictures of you both.

Woody! said...

Not only did we not thing women pooped, but we CERTAINLY didn't think you gals read anything while doing your business.

Anonymous said...

One I do not read while I poo because I don't poo. Second Eric did you every think that your best buy story would lead to a poo conversation?

Eric Rhodes said...

Not only did my Best Buy post lead to an ongoing conversation about poo, it also lead to the first time I have had double digit comments (I think). I'm pretty sure mu record was 9. I may have to steal Mona's thunder (not a poo-related comment) and steal her Poo-Poll idea for my next post. "What Do You Do When You Poo?" I like it!

Anonymous said...

No Fair! You can't steal my poo poll post. Not cool. Get your own poo poll idea. :)

Sorry to ruin your mental pictures of Amy and I. I can pretend I don't poo if that makes you feel better. :)

Eric Rhodes said...

Actually Mona, you got the Poo Poll idea from me. In a round about way at least. I guess I'll let you keep it. I'll be able to purge the Amy/Mona pooing image from my mind. It will just take time.