Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmahoniquanzika, or Happy Festivus

Depending on your denomination, Happy Festivus or Merry Christmahoniquanzika. We don't discriminate here. Considering the insane 'poo' comments on my last posting, I thought I would add a link to the untimate holiday poo, Mr Hanky, The Christmas Poo. If you don't know, he is a character on South Park. "Hi-dy-ho!"

We get to have everyone in the family come over to our house for Christmas this year. My parents, brother (his wife), aunt & uncle, and cousins plus Jessica's dad and brother. It won't be too exciting, just some food and presents. I am actually looking forward to it, since the kids are going to be SO excited. I just hope that they sleep in a little bit. I guess we should get up early, since we need to get everything ready.

Since I may not be able to post before New Years Day, I thought I'd share my resolutions with you. I never keep them, but this year I am really going to try:

1. Lose enough weight to be back down to my college weight. I have been off of the diet wagon and think I have gained back some of the weight I lost.

2. Drink less alcohol. Maybe one night a week I'll allow myself a Manhattan, but I really need to cut my my drinking. I think it is part of the reason that I eat too much. I just hope all of the holiday cookies and food are gone by the New Year.

3. Spend more 'quality time' with the kids. Not that I ignore them, but I could probably play a bit more with them

That's about it. In the spirit of the holiday, I thought I would share with you a few of my favorite quotes from the best Christmas movie EVER. A Christmas Story.

1. "You'll shoot you eye out." - Ralphie's mom, teacher, and Santa
2. "FFFUUUDDDGGGE.... Only I didn't say 'fudge'." - Ralphie
3. "I triple dog dare you!" -Schwartz
4. "Sons of Bitches!!" - Raplhie's dad
5. "Fra-gee-lay.... It must be Italian." - Ralphie's dad
6. "Not a Finger!" - Ralphie's dad

There's more, but I don't want to post all day. Have a happy holiday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Merry Christmahoniquanzika, or Happy Festivus"

You left out Ramadan from your mixed compound word there. JEEZ. I can't believe you. :)

Eric Rhodes said...

Sorry. How about Christmahoniquanzikamadan?

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years Eric!!!!!! I am sure your little ones will have you up very early. I can't wait until Emma gets into the whole Christmas thing. It is so much more fun with children's excitement. You have good resolutions for 07. I made one several years ago and I have kept it. It was never to make a New Years resolution again. Off to watch Miracle on 34th Street.