Sunday, December 17, 2006

Charmed is So Much Better with Rose

I have posted before about my DVD fetish. It is no secret that I have a weakness for cheap DVDs of movies and TV series that I like to watch. One of my more recent purchases was Charmed, seasons 1 through 6. They were all on sale at Target for $20 each (usually $40). I have seen all of the episodes before, some more than others, but at $20 a pop, I couldn't resist. I also thought it would be something that Jessica would enjoy too. We started watching season one together, but I forgor that it was a pretty cheesey Spelling-esk season, so Jessica never really got into it. I now got through seasons one through three and am on season 4.

Ok. Let me back up a sec. Just so you know, Charmed is about three sister witches (Prue - Shannen Doherty, Piper - Holly Marie Combs, and Phoebe - Alyssa Milano) that go around fighting warlocks, demons, and other bad beasties. They are known as The Charmed Ones (hence the name Charmed) and are the ultimate power of good. The stories are pretty good, but sometimes cheesey, in the first season, but things pick up a bit in seasons two and three. then the best thing happens at the end of season three. They kill off Shannen Doherty's character. I think that she quit the show, but I never really liked her character too much. Too bossy and bitchy and she has a really bad looking boob job (in my opinion). Enter Rose McGowan (Paige) in season four. Paige is a half sister that was kept hidden from the original three sisters. Yes, it is a lame ploy to keep the show going, but Rose McGowan is much more attractive that Shannen Doherty (again, in my opinion) and I like her character more. The show transfers from a bunch of little one episode stories to an ongoing saga type deal. I think that the writers took a page from Buffy The Vampire Slayer (another one of my favorites).

Well, if you are looking for something to add to your NetFlix queue or something to give to someone for Christmas, consider Charmed. If you are female, there are lots of romantic situations and emotional ups and downs and if you are male, it has Alyssa Milano. And she dresses slutty quite frequently. Plus there is lots of action and good stories. Though it is not my favorite show ever (that would be BSG) Charmed is always entertaining. Oh, and in the final season, a super cutie joins the cast (for you guys that care about such things). Kaley Cuoco plays Billie, a young witch that the sisters take under their wing in hopes that she can take over the demon killing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes. Paige is so much better than Prue. Hmmmm I love charmed. It would be cool to be one of them. A girl can dream. I miss watching them. I not really into buy DVD's, but I sure would have bought them for 20 bucks!

Eric Rhodes said...

Come on Amy, you don't want to be one of them, you want to be Phoebe. That way you'd have Cole as your play thing. Or do you prefir Leo?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm Leo is cute and nice. I would not kick him out of bed. But, Cole oh yeah he is my bad boy.

Eric Rhodes said...

Hottest episode ever is on right now. When Phoebe becomes a mermaid and is half nekked for half of the show.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm I would not say that is the hottest episode. Maybe any show with Cole in a unbutton white dress shirt would be the hottest episode.

Eric Rhodes said...

Sorry Amy, I'm not gay. (Not that there is anything whong with that.)