Friday, September 02, 2005

Two Days until the Move

That's right. All of our waiting is coming to an end. We get to move into our new house in two days. It will actually take three days to do everything. We are spreading things out so that we are not overwhelmed. I bet you are all tired of reading about our move, so I will spare you the details. I stayed home today to do some stuff, but actually don't feel too good. I slept most of the day. Strange for me to do so.

Well, there isn't too much for me to type about. The closings for both of our houses were Tuesday and both went down without incident. We now own our new house officially. The people that sold it to us seemed really nice. The guy that bought our house couldn't bother to make it to our closing on time, so we signed everything and he showed up later to sign everything he needed to sign. Since I've never heard from him, I have no idea how to get him the keys. I'll probably just leave the door unlocked and leave the keys in the kitched. The guy has been nothing but a pain in my ass, so I don't see that I need to go out of my way to make things convenient for him.

So, if anyone feels like coming over to help out, or just to see the new house, let me know. Thanks to Herb for the offer of help, but I feel bad asking you to drive all this way to help us move. I'd rather you come to our cookout and have a good time. The plan is still to have the cookout on October 8th (the Penn State game). I have to work that day, but we should be ready to go by 6:00 or so. Lots of food, lots of drink, lots of good times. I hope everyone will try to make it.

1 comment:

Woody! said...

Hope the move's going well for ya. At least you don't have to concern yourself with the Ohio State game. They are rolling.